Adult strabismus ( crossed eyes) is when your eyes aren't lined up duly and they point in different directions. One eye may look straight ahead while the other eye turns in, out, upward, or downward. It can be shift from one eye to the other. Mature person may have misalignment either from a residual babyhood strabismus or they may have new onset in adulthood. However, the misalignment may be suddenly conspicuous, but there's generally no double vision, If the condition has been present since babyhood. In cases of misalignment suddenly being in maturity stage, Sufferer will most probably complain of double vision. It's always important to estimate the cause of the misalignment which may needed blood tests or imaging studies like maganatic resonance imaging( MRI). Adults may develop strabismus in several conditions including( among other causes)
• Eye or blood vessel damage
• Eye or intracranial tumor
• Graves' disorder
• Several muscle and nerves diseases
To line up and concentrate both eyes on a single target, all muscles in both eyes must be balanced and working together. The brain controls these muscles. People who have strabismus generally have a problem that can affect eye muscles. Some of those problems may include
• Health problems such as diabetes, thyroid disorder ( Graves ’ diorder), Myasthenia gravis, intracranial tumor, or a stroke
• Accidents or head injury
• Injury to eye muscles while doing eye surgery
Mostly adult with strabismus have had it since they were children. But occasionally it starts latterly in life.
The most apparent symptom is having eyes that appear out of alignment. There are some symptom which adult notice while strabismus.
• Weakness in or around the eye, or feeling like some substance is pulling around your eyes.
• Vision changes, such as as double vision( seeing two of one image), blurred vision, trouble reading, or a loss of depth perception.
• Constantly moving or turning your head to see an image perfectly.
• Loss of Depth Perception – The consequences shown such as hand- eye coordination, problem face while driving , or while doing physical activities.
In some patient, strabismus can be refine by placing prisms in their spectacles. In other cases, one eye must be covered with an opaque film over one lens of a person's spectacles to exclude the alternate image.
Surgery can play a significant part in refining the symptoms of strabismus. When necessary, surgery is generally performed with regional anesthesia in an inmate setting. Still, general anesthesia is possible as well.
There are different approaches to treating adult strabismus depending on its cause and graveness, but they all have the same objective of restoring binocular vision. Treatment options include
• To get you vision double consultant use prism eye glasses
• Eye exercises( orthoptics)
• Injections of botulinum toxin
• Prescribed eye spectacles or contact lens by doctor
Diagnosing strabismus starts with a simple test covering and uncovering each eye.
The ophthalmologist will perform a complete test and check a patient's optic motility, which describes how well the eyes move in numerous directions. The consultant will also measure the misalignment with prisms. “ From that information, we can identify what kind of strabismus the patient has.
You don't have to live with the discomfort and problems caused by misaligned eyes. Eye child specialist help, you to find a treatment for your Adult strabismus.
Feel free to Contact us at +91-8130780790 for your Child Eye Problems and Eye Surgery.